CITY TAX DRESDEN
Save 6 % City Tax in Dresden when travelling an business purpose
City Tax Dresden
Dresden imposed an accommodation tax on 1 July 2015. Travelling for business reason is exempt.
- 6.66 % on the gross room rate
- Children, the severely disabled (80%+) and their companions (“B”) are exempt from the tax
Get exempted as follows…
- Completed official template: download Download Arbeitgeberbestätigung Dresden or
- Informal employer certification including AT LEAST the following information:
- Name and address of the employer
- Name and date of birth of the guest
- Period of the stay
- Pre-reserved “contingency bookings”, for which the employer has confirmed in writing that all the rooms are definitely required for business purposes (e.g. for a project) do not require any further documentation.
Freelancers, self-employed individuals and contractors:
- Complete the self-certification –> download
Download Eigenbestätigung Dresden
- No further documentation is required. The municipal authorities reserve the right to check the details provided.
- The certification can be valid for more than one stay but in this case must contain all arrivals and departures in detail
- Joint confirmations are allowed (naming every single guest including date of birth)