CITY TAX BREMEN
Save the City Tax in Bremen when travelling on business purpose
Tourist tax in Bremen — city tax
Bremen und Bremerhaven introduced a tourist tax on 1 April 2012, which was amended on 1 January 2013.
- 5 % on the net room rate
- Children are exempt
- The tax is applied for a maximum of seven consecutive nights. Further nights (consecutive and at the same hotel) are not subject to the tax.
- A separate certification must be provided for each guest; group certifications are not accepted
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
Get exempted as follows…
A separate certification has to be completed for each stay in Bremen und Bremerhaven that is necessary for business reasons, and for each guest:
- Invoice issued to the employer or
- Employer certification using an official template: download here (only available in German)
- Contents must be: Name and address of the employer, name of the employee, date of stay and the reason for the stay
Freelancers, self-employed individuals and contractors:
- Complete the self-certification using an official template –> download hier (only available in German)
- No further documentation is required. The municipal authorities reserve the right to check the details provided.
- The certification is always valid for one stay; if you depart on a Friday and return on a Monday, then a new certification has to be submitted to the hotel.
- Applications for subsequent refunds must be submitted to the municipal authorities within four months of the end of the stay.